Thursday 1 October 2009

physical/technical structure of today's Warwick provocation

Hi all,
It is a shame that our conversation was cut short today. Before we wrap it up tomorrow, Martin, Sarah, Jasmine, Jo and I wanted to clarify the structure of our provocation.

Here is a layout of the room where we were:


So essentially, at Warwick the 'audience' could hear everything and see the faces and Jasmine and Jo who were provoking me. They could also see the two people (Martin and Sarah) typing and see my body in the chair from behind.

In Amsterdam and Tampere, (we think!) the 'spectators' could see my face and see/read the typed words of Martin (objective recording of the live act) and Sarah (subjective recording of the live act) in the chat box.

I couldn't see what was typed or my own image on screen. Martin and Sarah couldn't see the faces or expressions of the provoker but could see my face on screen. Jasmine and Jo didn't have the opportunity to read anything that was 'recorded'

We can talk about what we hoped to convey/provoke discussion about tomorrow, but just wanted to clarify the logistics for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.