Wednesday 30 September 2009

SKYPE communication proposition

Hi all,

A few of us were thinking that it might be nice to have the capacity for one on one live communication with other students in other locations. (we know that the Amsterdam students also thought this would be good...)

A good way to do this might be SKYPE. Some of us likely already have skype accounts. You can download skype for free and set up an account by visiting: www.Skype.com/download
Usually you can simply find people by searching for their names--though some people have pseudonyms (bunch of posers!)For example you can find me by searching Erin Brubacher but my skype name is Jabacher.

Once you have a skype account you can see when people are online whenever you have the program open--if you have the program open and don't want to be disturbed you can always set your status to invisible.

Finally on another note, for all us internationals, skype is a cheap way to communicate back home. You just buy credit and can call any phone from your computer for very cheap. Skype to skype computer calls are FREE.

Maybe people could respond to this post with their skype IDs/names/accounts so that we can find each other?

Thanks from Warwick!

10 comments:

  1. neseceren, Nese Ceren Tosun, TAM
    I thought today was a very productive day, thank you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cool with that.
    My skype: diego.a.delavega

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!
    Jo from Warwick, my skype is jo.higbee

    Martin from Warwick, skype name is martin.dipeco

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am Xiaolu from Warwick.
    My Skype: cherrymelon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justin B. Hopkins here.

    My Skype name is justinbhopkins.

    Take care, y'all.

    -Justin B. Hopkins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there this is Jasmine Baker from Warwick. My Skype name is jasdans. See you all tomorrow~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes! skyping would be great.

    my skype name is sa-bear20.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're welcome to try me

    my skype name: raniakhalil1

    looking forward to meeting you online and in person.

    rk

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.